7 TOP TIPS FOR NEW MUMS RETURNING TO EXERCISE
Before we begin let me just say a big congratulation on the arrival of your new little person in your life. I know the first few weeks getting to know the new little person in your life can be exciting, scary and absolutely exhausting all rolled into one.
Those first couple of weeks you spend most of your time figuring things out and exercise is probably the last thing on your mind. But once you get into your routine and get the all clear from your doctor you might be thinking about returning to exercise. It may be time to start thinking about yourself and your own health.
1. Remember your body is still recovering so start slow. In the early stages of your recovery this a gentle 20 min walk will help you get you moving.
2. Test for Diastasis Recti. Click here to find out how.
3. Avoid ab crunches and focus on rehabbing and retaining you core and pelvic floor. Download our free home workout which you can start straight away click here.
4. Give yourself 10 mins per day to meditate
5. Drink plenty of water
6. Ensure you are getting enough calories to keep your energy up. It’s recommended you consume an extra 500 calories per day when breastfeeding
7. Find a professional to help you through the next stages. Here at 3BFit we have worked with lots of new mums and would be happy to help you get started.
Our Supermum Project is designed to “Empower New Mums Regain Their Body Confidence”. If that’s something you’d like to learn more book in now for a FREE 45min consultation and bring the little ones along? Simply fill in you details below and we’ll get in contact to arrange a time.